Policies and Procedures
In order to maximize the educational experience for our children, it is important for all students to arrive on time for religious education classes. We do record late arrivals. Repeat tardiness will result in the student being instructed to report to the Religious Education office with a parental note and reason.
- Any student requesting to leave early must have a parental note. This note will be shown to the catechist and then brought to the Religious Education office at pick-up time. These students must be picked up from the office by a parent or guardian in accordance with our Safe Environment Policy. No exceptions will be made.
- Please advise the Religious Education office of any extended absences in writing.
- Constant absences, tardiness and early dismissals may result in the student repeating the grade, especially in the Sacrament years.
- Please notify the Religious Education office of any change in address and/or phone numbers.
Arrival and Dismissal
In accordance with our Safe Environment Policy, the only doors that will be open for entry and exit to the school are the double, rear doors.
- Students should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of classes and must be picked up no later than 15 minutes after dismissal.
- Children in grades 1 and 2 must be picked up each week at dismissal from the classroom by a parent or guardian.
- Children in grade 1 must be taken to their classroom by a parent or guardian each week.
- During the first two weeks of classes all students in grades 2 through 6 will meet in the gym and will be walked to their classrooms by their catechists.
- The parking lot, as you all well know, is very busy! PLEASE DRIVE SLOW, OBEY STOP SIGNS AND WATCH FOR CHILDREN.
- When picking up your children, please be considerate of others and remember to set a good example of Christianity for our youth.
Early Pick Up
For the safety of your children students being picked up early must bring a note (ALL grades).
- Parents should not go to the classroom. Student is to be picked up at the Religious Ed office.
- Parents must sign for early release.
Behavior and Discipline
We stress the importance of living by the virtues here at Nativity. We strive to be considerate of each child's dignity as a person and a child of God and we do expect the same from the children and parents in our program. If discipline problems should arise, parents will be contacted. Please discuss and reinforce respect and proper behavior with your children.
Should classes be cancelled due to inclement weather, the first notification will appear on WGRZ channel 2. Notification to other stations will follow. If during the year we find it necessary to make changes to your children's schedules, you will be:
- Notified by mail if time allows or
- Telephoned at home, work or on your cell phone.